영문학회 1월 11일 (토) 박현숙 고문님 댁에서 브런치 하며 모여 작품 토론, 구정 파티
지난 1월 11일 (토) 박현숙 고문님 댁에서 구정 파티 겸 모여 작품 토론과 일년
계획을 의논하였습니다. 그 날 참석하신 분들 너무 진지하게 토론하여 주시고
좋은 제의도 서로 많이 하여 주시어 정말로 유익하고 즐거운 구정파티였습니다.
그리고 무엇보다 우리가 정말 서로 잘 되기를 진심으로 바라는 것이 역역하였습니다.
새로운 해가 정말 서광이 보이는 것 같았습니다. 모두 감사드립니다.
Present: 박현숙, 김영기, 김영실, 김인기, 김인숙, 박숙자, 송윤정, 임정현, 황보 한, 이지희,
The meeting started at 11:35 a.m.
Brief Remarks by the Chair of the Meeting김영기
2020년 신년축하와 격려로 무엇보다 20/20의 완전 시력으로 장래를 내다보고 출판과 같은
높은 목적을 가지고 같이 일할 것을 다짐하였음 / Chair Young-Key Kim-Renaud made a brief
New Year’s remarks. She encouraged everyone that we should aim at constantly ameliorating
ourselves by having the perfect 20/20 vision for this New Year, 2020. Mutual help is only what
professionalism calls for. We should all be appreciative of those who correct us or suggest a better
1. English anthology project (첨부한 2019년 10월 30일 김영기 email 참조)
2. Workshop with Grace Cavalieri, MD Governor-appointed Poet Laureate
(https://www.msac.org/maryland-poet-laureate): 김영기 and Grace Cavalieri will talk over the
phone on Sunday, January 12, 2020, in the evening and Cavalieri will be invited to lead a
workshop for our members in the month of March, 2020, if she is available.
3. Meeting dates and venues for 2020: We will meet every other month, with the exception of
February, 2020, when we will meet to prepare our meeting of March, if Grace Cavalieri is
available to join us. We will meet at the Writer’s Center in Bethesda, MD
(https://www.writer.org/) for our February 2020 meeting. After that meeting, we will make a
decision as to whether we will choose the venue as our regular meeting place.
4. As for hosting our meetings, members expressed their profound gratitude to 박현숙for having
opened her home the meeting once again, but there was a strong opinion that we should meet
outside and also not for a full meal so that all of us could concentrate fully on our work.
5. The Chair, who will be the editor of the planned anthology, emphasized the need to mind
publishing copyrighted materials. If we make a revision and give the credit to the holder of the
previously published material, it should work, but still need an official permission from the entity
holding the copyright. [Postscript: In some cases, reprinting may be allowed, as long as the
holder of the copyright releases it and gives a written permission for reprinting a work.]
One or more works submitted were discussed during the meeting (except for 황보 한’s short story,
for lack of time. Dr. 황보 will share with everyone its full version via email):
1. 김영기 님(시), New Year’s Resolution, The Korean Alphabet
3. 김인기 님(시), Stickseed
4. 김인숙 님 (수필), Just for us, Person who cared
5. 박숙자 님 (소설), The Great-Grandparents You Never Met
6. 송윤정 님 (수필), [Memoir] 4. A Mommy Kangaroo; 10. International Women’s Day
7. 임정현 님 (시, 수필), A Pair of Shoes, To Omit the Prefix Un
8. 황보 한 님 (소설), Reunion in Fifty Years
9. 박현숙 님
10. 이지희 님
11. 김레지나 님
The meeting adjourned at 4:05 p.m.